Food Safety and Hygiene (Level 2) – RSPH Award
The purpose of this qualification is for learners to obtain a knowledge and understanding of: the importance of food hygiene, associated food safety hazards, good hygiene practice and controls based upon an awareness of food safety management systems.
These topics are regarded by the Food Standards Agency as being important to understanding and maintaining good practice in the handling, processing and preparation of safe food.
- Contamination and cross-contamination hazards to food safety
- Contamination of food as a cause of illness or injury
- The importance of personal hygiene and behaviour to food safety
- Legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators
Safe food handling practices and procedures to control food safety hazards
- Preventing or minimising the risk of cross-contamination
- Temperature control
- Dealing with stock and deliveries to customers
- Work flow, work surfaces and equipment
- Keeping the work area and equipment clean and tidy
- Dealing with hazards and potential hazards
- Food spoilage and waste
- Pest prevention
Who should attend?
She has extensive practical management experience and is a very popular trainer generally but particularly in the hospitality and commercial sectors as well as with local and central government departments. With over 20 years’ training experience in a diverse cross-section of organisations and holding various management and consultancy roles in global industries, Frances has a wide range of experience to draw upon.
See what people have said about her training:
‘Lovely lady, well-paced training, well explained.’
‘Very good trainer!!’
‘Easy to understand, friendly atmosphere.’
‘Very good training.’
‘Very interesting and clear explanation.’
‘Helpful, approachable and knowledgeable.’
‘She’s the best!’
‘Clear, concise and to the point.’
‘Very good – made the class enjoyable and easy to understand’.
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 463463 – we’re here to help!