Nutrition for Health (Level 3) – RSPH Award
The qualifications objective is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of a healthy balanced diet and how this can be applied to adjust diets/menus to align them with healthy eating guidelines, as well as how to deliver healthy eating messages, either through changes to food choices / diets / menus or through broader health campaigns.
- Key factors to consider when communicating healthy eating messages
- Adapting healthy eating messages for certain populations
- How to deliver reliable nutrition information
Internal and external factors that drive food choices
- ‘Triggers’ and how they may affect personal food choices
- Internal / external triggers and the impact they may have on food choices
- Using triggers to improve food choices
Identifying improvements within a specific diet or menu
- Using a food diary to suggest healthier alternatives
- Areas within the average diet where alternatives could be suggested
- Factors influencing acceptable alternatives in food choices
How to address specific health conditions by changing a diet or menu
- Specific health conditions and the role nutrition plays
- How to adapt diets or meal plans for specific health conditions
- Possible impact of cooking methods on health
Who should attend?
She has extensive practical management experience and is a very popular trainer generally but particularly in the hospitality and commercial sectors as well as with local and central government departments. With over 20 years’ training experience in a diverse cross-section of organisations and holding various management and consultancy roles in global industries, Frances has a wide range of experience to draw upon.
See what people have said about her training:
‘Lovely lady, well-paced training, well explained.’
‘Very good trainer!!’
‘Easy to understand, friendly atmosphere.’
‘Very good training.’
‘Very interesting and clear explanation.’
‘Helpful, approachable and knowledgeable.’
‘She’s the best!’
‘Clear, concise and to the point.’
‘Very good – made the class enjoyable and easy to understand’.
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 463463 – we’re here to help!