Software comes in a variety of guises – application software, firmware, middleware, system software. Increasingly, however, it doesn’t necessarily present that way, especially as the boundaries between software, data and source code are becoming more and more blurred. And as software becomes more complex and more difficult to disentangle, so it becomes harder to manage and to value. But as it becomes more integral to every aspect of a business, so it is ever more important to keep on top of the technical, legal and commercial issues that arise, issues such as:
- Lack of understanding of the software business case or its viability
- Not realising the total cost of ownership
- Not having the ability to measure the quality level of the software
- Poor understanding the legal or compliance issues
- Selection of the right technology to ensure future enhancements
- Not knowing what are the intellectual property assets that should be protected and what are the associated risks
- Ensuring that the user experience is competitive
- Poor software security
To address these issues, organisations need a process for evaluating their current situation from all perspectives and for identifying the key actions they need to take to ensure holistic management of their software. This very practical programme will help set your organisation on the right path.
Note: this is an indicative agenda, to be used as a starting point for a conversation between client and consultant, depending on the organisation’s specific situation and requirements.
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 463463 – we’re here to help!