A one-day workshop
This workshop is very practical in its nature and aims to give delegates an opportunity to not only learn about the key aspects of successful bid writing, but to also put them into practice. The workshop helps delegates understand what is most important to buyers and how to successfully convey they proposition to them.
A one-day workshop.
David is a former senior manager of a local authority and has been providing strategic consultancy advice to the public sector for the last 10 years. Whilst a business manager for a traded service of Norfolk County Council he undertook one of the first academic studies looking into the factors that determine the commercial effectiveness of local authority traded services. He did this at the same time as studying part-time for his MSc in Marketing. Since then he has worked extensively across the public, third and private sectors, developing the commercial performance of business units, developing commercial capability and identifying how corporate bodies can maximise the benefits of their traded services.
1 Welcome and introductions
2 The mindset of successful bid writing
- The mindset needed for successful bid writing
- Thinking from the buyer’s perspective and not your own
3 Decision making
- The way buyers make decisions – rational and emotional
- Understanding buying motives
- Looking at how to present ideas against those motives
- The idea of cognitive fluency
- How to pitch an idea in a way that leads to a positive decision
4 To bid or not to bid?
- Writing a bid is a big commitment; a clear understanding of the chances of winning is required
- Understanding of the implications of winning and the impact it will have on the organisation
5 Understanding your value proposition
- Framework to help identify unique proposition and how that fits in with the requirements of the bid
6 The tender process
- Understanding the process to enable a successful chance of winning the bid
- Different types of tender processes
- Evaluation of criteria and the impact on bid writing
7 Writing skills
- Different ways of writing and structuring bids to ensure their messages gets across well in a way that will be looked on favourably by the buyer
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 463463 – we’re here to help!