From reactive to proactive
This highly interactive and pragmatic development course will stretch, and build confidence of Managers in leading their business. It will challenge mindsets to consider the differences between reactive and proactive behavioural approaches to achieve success, providing strategic tools and frameworks that are practical to set direction, achieve change and develop robust commercial plans.
- Vital strategic tools for a successful, respected Manager
- An awareness of your own preferred thinking styles and impact of your chosen behaviours
- Insight to the occasions you are reactive and identify opportunities to be proactive
- Techniques to evaluate the consequences and impact of changing your approach
- Identify specific behaviours and initiatives that will maximise successful change
- A structured approach to select and develop strategies for change
- Principles of best practice for setting direction and establishing commercial plans and processes
- Key elements of a successful vision and how to communicate this to others
- A practical, blended learning experience allowing you to embed your learning and continue to develop skills in the workplace
Who should attend?
Managers who want to understand the difference between reactive and proactive approaches, identify why they behave and operate the way they do and develop strategies for change.
This modular development programme will equip Managers to develop a proactive visionary approach to achieve a more positive impact on their business. It can stand alone as a highly impactful event and also provide a vital development foundation stone to complement other modules available through your organisation’s training & development portfolio. If required, the content may be linked directly to your own competency framework to ensure an aligned focus to development.
He has delivered excellent leadership & behavioural development solutions for Siemens, Tamer Group (Saudi Arabia), Jaguar Land Rover, Volvo, Car Phone Warehouse, Argos, Best Buy, Glaxo Smith Kline (Belgium), Cisco (USA), Barclays, Standard Chartered Bank (HK), Deutsche Bank, Honda, Coutts Private Bank (Switzerland), American Express, Ulster Bank, Indesit, Hotpoint, the DWP, Network Rail, National Grid, RBS, Nat West, Nationwide, Tenet Group, and Laing O’Rourke.
An accredited ILM facilitator/assessor and also an assessor for the Chartered Institute of Bankers, with 20+ years of experience designing, delivering and evaluating development programmes. An accomplished and experienced coach, David facilitates learning processes that are challenging, supportive and deliver exceptional results.
Professionally qualified and accredited to advanced levels by Team Management Systems to use all team and leadership development profiling tools for accelerating team development. David coaches leaders at all stages in their development, focusing on personal growth to improve performance and career progression. He was part of a small team that established a Corporate Business School providing innovative development solutions to meet the development needs of senior leaders with their challenging business agendas. David also calls regularly upon his experience as a former Corporate Relationship Manager for Barclays Bank to deliver training on relationship selling and networking skills training for a range of financial services clients, both in the UK and internationally.
A sample of comments from course participants on David’s events:
‘A really inspiring event – a lot more looking at myself and the impact that I have in a change area.’
‘The common element within these was the practical application and examples that were used to demonstrate the theory. All sessions were particularly participative.’
‘A fantastic learning opportunity and time to reflect on how the learning will impact your role and others.’
‘A mind stretching week. Incredible to get the different perspectives from everyone there and has made me think about what does matter and what is important.’
‘Challenging in different ways and provoked a lot of thought during each session. I was completely captivated.’
1 Managing my mindset
- The proactive leader the reactive leader
- Defining proactive and reactive thinking
- What is my mindset?
- Identifying priorities to strengthen my approach to change behaviours in myself and others
2 Strategy essentials
- Tools for strategic thinking
- Strategic tactical and links to a strengthened proactive approach
- Analysing the internal and external environment
- A balanced scorecard approach – proactively managing links and tensions
3 What is my strategy?
- Reviewing my current strategy
- Where do I need to be?
- Identifying areas for proactive focus to achieve change
4 Commercial planning
- Commercial decision making – doing the right things
- A route map for proactive strategy development
5 Action planning
- Identify key priorities for sustained behavioural change
- Developing and committing to my proactive strategies for change
6 Inter-modular activities
- Develop my strategy
- Identify opportunities to find the ‘space’ for increased proactivity
- Monitoring my approach and mindset and behaviours towards business success
- Thought provoking business articles
- What has been my mindset?
- What is my strategy?
- Successes and learning insights
8 Developing my vision
- Key components of an effective vision
- What is my vision?
9 Communicating my vision
- How to communicate my vision
- Formal vs. informal communication to ensure understanding and action
- Establishing a proactive communications approach and new behaviours
10 Achieving successful change
- A model for success
- A proactive approach to leading change
- Delegating with effective follow up
- The power of consequences
11 Action planning
- Identify key priorities for behavioural change
- Harnessing momentum to achieve strategic success
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 463463 – we’re here to help!