Working smarter is about approaching your life, work and goals in a more sustainable, enjoyable and less stressful way. Working smarter is good for the organisation, in terms of increased productivity, and good for the employees, helping them to achieve a healthier work-life balance.
So why don’t we all work smarter? This high-energy, fun day explains why and shows what can be done about it.
Participants will acquire a range of tools and techniques to help them:
- Improve their personal productivity and create a more effective daily routine
- Enhanced communication skills for greater clarity and understanding
- Remove barriers and obstacles to making the most of theirs and others time
- Learn to manage priorities and achieve deadlines; making time for the most important things
- Strategies for dealing with procrastination (theirs and others), distractions and pre-crastination
- Increased job ability and personal impact with a range of proven time management tools and techniques
- Get through more work in less time with reduced rework and repetition
- Manage stress and avoid anxiety, plus achieve a better work-life balance
- Techniques for managing your attention and improving your level of energy during the day
- Improving work-life balance and stop ‘running out day’ and doing work out of hours
Who should attend?
His work has taken him all over the world and involved him in working closely with hundreds of different organisations from all business sectors, his client list including such organisations as BT, Vodafone, AT&T, Orange, Pfizer, GSK, Boots, Unilever, American Express, Thomas Cook, Apple, Sony, Motorola, Cisco, MFI, Barclays Bank, LIFFE, Abbey National, Prison Service, Home Office, Law Society, BBC, Daimler-Chrysler, Citroen, Weetabix, Nikon, Shell and many, many others. In addition he has written over twenty books published in several different countries, including Companies don’t succeed – people do!, 90 Brain Teasers for Trainers, Customer Service Games for Training, Sales Training Games, Telephone Tactics and Working Smarter.
Known internationally as both a trainer and a popular motivational speaker, he believes that effective learning has to be interactive and challenging. All his learning events are built around practical exercises, role play and case studies. His training style focuses not on just explaining new ideas or developing new skills, but also on motivating people to use them and to develop themselves as individuals. This approach gets results, as the following comments from course participants show:
‘Brilliant course, really interesting and very focused to my job role and day to day work.’
‘Took away some very good ideas that I can use every day… good examples too.’
‘Very confident in the subject, and amusing too. Made the course very interesting. A very clear sales model to use going forward.’
‘Full of useful hints and tips which I will apply to my job.’
‘Extremely well presented and structured’
‘A very intensive course and a lot of concrete tools provided.’
‘Useful data, tools and insights; engaging and interesting as always.’
‘Very good… contained everything we do on a regular basis and problems we have come across… the exercises made it very interesting too.’
1 Why are we here?
- Stop working harder – start working smarter
- The golden rules
- Attitude – the secret to good time management
- Balancing your work style
2 Plan the work – and work the plan
- Focusing on key performance indicators
- Setting monthly goals and objectives
- Creating a daily action plan
- A time management system that works!
- Planning your week
- The 80/20 rule
3 How to gain one hour a day – every day
- Time flies!
- Expect the unexpected
- Create a non-interruption zone
- Dumping trivia and speeding-up routine tasks
4 Positive goal-setting
- Understanding how goals work
- SMART goals
- Setting and reviewing goals
- Seven steps to achieving your goals
5 Dealing with interruptions
- Why people interrupt you
- How to say ‘not now’ and ‘no’ – nicely!
- Creating the right environment
- How to be more assertive
- Avoiding interruptions
- How to negotiate timescales
- Dealing with your boss
- Dealing with telephone interruptions
6 Conquering the paperwork
- The tidy desk
- Fantastic filing
- The ten commandments of e-mail
- Accelerated reading techniques
7 Overcoming procrastination
- Why do we resist change?
- A seven-day procrastination plan
- Ten ways to ‘do it NOW’
8 The smart manager
- Working to precise and measured objectives
- Setting objectives – for your department and for yourself
- A daily checklist
- Proactive time management
- Managing or trouble-shooting?
9 Stress management
- Dealing with situation-specific stress
- Dealing with anxiety
- Optimum stress levels
- Stress elimination
- Ten tips for a healthier life – at work and at home
- Open forum
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 463463 – we’re here to help!