This is a very popular, comprehensive, practical and experiential programme, covering:
- Assessing risks: Defines and demystifies risk and risk assessment. Risk assessments and a simple scoring system are introduced, and participants carry out assessments.
- Controlling risks: Cutting risks down, concentrating on the best techniques to control key risks and how to choose the right methods.
- Understanding your responsibilities: The legal framework; health & safety management systems.
- Identifying hazards: The main issues any organisation has to deal with: entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise,
- housekeeping and the working environment, slips, trips and falls, working at height, computers and manual handling.
- Investigating accidents and incidents: Why accidents should be investigated, why things go wrong and how to carry out an investigation when they do.
- Measuring performance: How checking performance can help to improve health & safety. How to develop basic performance indicators. Auditing and proactive and reactive measuring.
- Protecting the environment: Introduction to waste and pollution. How organisations and individual managers can get involved in cutting down their environmental impacts.
The programme enables participants to:
- Assess and control risks and hazards
- Understand their own responsibilities for safety and health
- Investigate incidents
- Measure their own performance
- Reflect on good practice and plan how to ensure the safety of the staff for whom they are responsible
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 463463 – we’re here to help!