The IOSH Managing Safely award is valid for three years. Award-holders need to undertake this one-day refresher programme every three years in order to maintain their status.
This very interactive, practical programme covers:
- Thinking back: Participants reflect on what they took away from the Managing Safely course. They’ll also revisit the key reasons for managing safely and recap on some of the key terms.
- Leadership: Why leadership is important, and how to create a positive safety culture.
- Plan: Looks at a safety and health policy and what it includes. Participants also consider how to deliver the policy.
- Do: Participants carry out a risk assessment exercise and then think about the best ways to communicate their findings and the safety and health plan to the workforce.
- Check: Takes a look at data types, what can be measured, and how this helps to see if the plan has been implemented and is working.
- Act: Looks at why reviewing performance, acting on lessons learned and striving to improve continually are essential. Participants then reflect on how they’ll apply what they’ve learned in their own workplace.
An interactive case study exercise is used throughout the day to apply refreshed knowledge to the plan-do-check-act model and then link it back to the workplace. For example, participants examine the elements of a safety and health policy, come up with ideas to influence safety culture, and select the best communication methods to engage a workforce.
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 463463 – we’re here to help!