If you are a Mental Health First Aider or MHFA Champion you have skills for life that support you and the people around you.
We believe that mental health should be treated equally to physical health – and just like physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid training should be kept up to date.
- Keep your awareness of mental health supports current
- Update your knowledge of mental health and what influences it
- Practice applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
Who should attend?
- This half-day course is delivered either in person or online
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
- A certificate of attendance to say you have Refreshed your mental health knowledge
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Wendy has since set up as an independent trainer to continue upskilling people in mental health. She has delivered MHFA England training to numerous clients in a diverse range of sectors, such as retail and hospitality, finance, manufacturing, arts & theatre, and public sector. Her clients include Amazon, BMW Group, British Museum and NHS Dental Trust amongst many others.
Wendy’s programme gets results, as the following comments from course participants show:
‘Wendy was very informative. She made sure all participants were involved in the course. She was non-judgmental and very understanding. It was very easy to open up and she created a brilliant atmosphere. I would recommend this course to any person in their private or professional life’
‘The tutor, Wendy, was great and her honest, real world examples were good and she brought a positive energy which helped to motivate the group which I think is hard with mixed engagement and a range of cameras on and off. Overall, it was a really good course – thanks so much to all involved’
‘I was so pleased with how well it went, each day was different and exciting, despite covering a lot of ground for each topic. The trainer was great and offered support and made me feel included in all of the sessions’
- About mental health
- Stress and factors that influence mental health
- Mental health continuum and stigma
- Frame of reference and non-judgement
- Reintroducing ALGEE
- Warning signs of mental ill-health
- Depression and anxiety
- Suicide and first aid for suicidal crisis
- Psychosis and first aid for severe psychotic episodes
- Practising our MHFA sills
- Self-care, wellbeing and recovery
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 463463 – we’re here to help!