Mental Health First Aid (MHFAider®) is an internationally recognised training course that teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. We don’t teach people to be therapists, but we do teach people how to respond in a crisis, and how to reach out before a crisis happens. The training gives people tools to support themselves and each other, so everyone can talk about mental health and seek help when needed.
This programme will help to:
- Reduce stigma around mental ill health
- Give you increased confidence to have a supportive conversation about mental health
- Promote equity and understanding around mental health from different perspectives
- Help to build supportive communities and promote open conversations about mental health
- Encourage self-care, giving you the tools to look after your own and others’ mental health
- Promotes early intervention and recovery, which can prevent an individual’s mental health deteriorating
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 463463 – we’re here to help!