Increasing sales results
If you’re looking to move to the next level in your career in sales, then understanding how to maximise your sales results, using a consultative and structured approach, will be key to your success. In order to develop the competitive advantage that enables you to stand out from the crowd, it is important to understand the tools and techniques to take your selling to new heights and build the confidence to apply them in work-based scenarios.
We have developed this programme to be practical, fun and interactive. Learners will gain a range of practical skills that they can take back and apply to the workplace straight away, that will have a positive impact on sales and customer satisfaction.
- Develop a structured and client-focused approach to creating high quality sales opportunities and account growth
- Learn persuasion and influencing skills to better define needs and develop opportunities
- Understand how to have better sales conversations, presentations, and proposals – leading to higher order value and increased sales
- Develop advanced sales questioning skills and techniques; understand the importance of listening
- Understand how to add value at all stages; plus gaining competitive advantage
- Develop proven ways to overcome and reduce price pressure
- Know when to use options and upselling when presenting products and solutions
- Develop techniques and skills for improved negotiation and closing
Who should attend?
This practical and interactive course is aimed at sales professionals looking to advance to the next level in their selling career.
A practical and engaging one-day session for a maximum group size of 12. There are lots of different activities throughout the day where participants will have the opportunity to put learning into practice.
The majority of the training we deliver is either tailored or completely bespoke. This workshop can therefore be delivered entirely as advertised, or it can be tailored to your particular requirements, or we can simply take it as a starting point for a conversation with you before we draft a completely bespoke programme for you – the choice is yours.
His work has taken him all over the world and involved him in working closely with hundreds of different organisations from all business sectors, his client list including such organisations as BT, Vodafone, AT&T, Orange, Pfizer, GSK, Boots, Unilever, American Express, Thomas Cook, Apple, Sony, Motorola, Cisco, MFI, Barclays Bank, LIFFE, Abbey National, Prison Service, Home Office, Law Society, BBC, Daimler-Chrysler, Citroen, Weetabix, Nikon, Shell and many, many others.
Some of the most popular areas in which he supports his clients are:
- Better business writing skills, including reports, bid writing, and technical manuals
- Value-added and consultative selling
- Presentation skills for managers and professionals
- Managing challenging client conversations / assertiveness
- Customer service skills
- Key account management
- Commercial negotiation skills and commercial awareness
- Time management (based on his book, Working Smarter)
- Sales prospecting and appointment making
- Management and leadership skills – coaching, team building, leadership style
Graham has written over twenty books, published in several different countries, including Working Smarter, Companies don’t succeed – people do!, Customer Relationship Management, Sales Training Games, 90 Brain-teasers for Trainers, and Telephone Tactics.
Known internationally as both a trainer/coach and a popular motivational speaker, he believes that effective learning has to be interactive and challenging. All his learning events are built around practical exercises, role play and case studies. His training style focuses not on just explaining new ideas or developing new skills, but also on motivating people to use them and to develop themselves as individuals. This approach gets results, as the following comments from programme participants show:
‘Brilliant course, really interesting and very focused to my job role and day to day work.’
‘Took away some very good ideas that I can use every day… good examples too.’
‘Very confident in the subject, and amusing too. Made the course very interesting. A very clear sales model to use going forward.’
‘Full of useful hints and tips which I will apply to my job.’
‘Extremely well presented and structured’
‘A very intensive course and a lot of concrete tools provided.’
‘Very good… contained everything we do on a regular basis and problems we have come across… the exercises made it very interesting too.’
1 Advanced Selling – How to Increase your sales results
- Review of pre-course data and questionnaire
- The AVC model of increasing your sales results
- Creating a sales growth plan to achieve higher sales targets
- Mapping the accounts and products for targeted growth
2 The Four Cs to structure a sales call
- Research before the meeting or call; setting objectives, planning and preparation
- How to gain instant rapport and taking control – including online meetings
- Qualifying and initial questioning skills
- Creating an agenda and first-meeting structure: Four Cs
- Planning and practice sessions
3 Building bigger and better sales opportunities
- How to use questions to ‘build’ more opportunities
- Learning and using high-impact and third-level questions
- Advanced sales questioning techniques: five questioning techniques
- Qualifying and gaining commitment to the next stage
- Planning and practice sessions – advanced questioning skills
4 Presentation and persuading skills best practice
- Compelling benefits and reducing perceived risk – key messages to deliver
- Helping the customer choose your proposition by using options
- Professional and effective presentation skills
- Writing compelling sales proposals that improve your conversion rate
- Planning and practice session – presenting your solution
5 Overcoming concerns and client questions
- Proven techniques for answering client objections and concerns
- How to isolate, prioritise and answer objections, including price
- Overcoming delay and procrastination
- Planning and practice session – answering client concerns
6 Gaining commitment and closing the sale
- Knowing when to close for commitment
- How to ask for commitment professionally and effectively
- Key negotiation skills around the closing process – getting to ‘yes’
- Checklist of closing and negotiation skills
- Practice session
Any questions? Please just give us a call on 01582 463463 – we’re here to help!